Mmmmmm. Momma made the pawsicle recipe that was on "The Dogs of Jackman Ave" dogblog. Man, were they good! Jackson, you are a lucky, lucky dog. We all got some, except the puppies. Momma didn't know if it would be okay for their young tummies.
We're counting down. Its only a week away from Casey the puppy going to her new home. Her family is excited, though, and we're glad that they're still looking forward to having Casey. We don't want anyone to have adopters remorse.
Momma says she has a prospect for Cass and for Lewis. She has told people to think hard about it. She doesn't want anyone changing their minds later, and having one of our babies ending up in a shelter like Bella did. Puppies are hard work. There's no way around it. I know me and Peaches having been working round the clock taking care of these three! Shew.
Enjoy the pictures. Enjoy your weekends.
Luv ya all lots.
Wuffs and Baroos,
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
The puppies were out of their pen today running around the yard. We got to play with them some. They're kind of different acting than us. I guess its because they're still learning about the world.
They sure are getting around better now. Watch lewis RUN!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
We heard Dad saying he was fed up with us today. We thought that meant that we were going to get an extra meal! Yippee! Well, not really. It meant he wasn't very happy with us. We were all bad, bad doggies.
Bella got out of the yard AGAIN today so Dad had to chase her down and bring her home. Then Dad brought her and her babies in the house because it started raining. Shortly, he found Bella Standing on the kitchen table! He was not happy.
The babies peed and pooped on their newspapers all day.... Oh wait, that's what they're supposed to do! Nevermind that one.
Lady, her old senile self, peed in the house, on the carpeting, twice today. It happens a lot lately. We think she can't remember if she's inside or outside. Poor old girl.
Peaches and me, Well, I think we must've done something but it probably wasn't really that bad because we're just not bad dogs. Tee hee hee.
So, Daddy, We're sorry. We looooove you! Will you forgive us if we give you big slobbery wet licks and bat our big brown eyes at you?
Eddie & Peaches
Monday, June 25, 2007
We camped. It was like a dog park! Momma's brother and sister-in-law, Tim and Nancy were there with their two German Shepherds, Rance and Carley. Daddy's son, John was there with his Mom's new yellow lab puppy, Dino. There's a picture of me getting acquainted with him. And of course, me and Peaches were there. Such fun!
There's a picture of me looking through the window of the camper. That's when I got grounded for barking too much while the humans were grilling and trying to eat their supper. All I wanted was to help... them finish their meals. Rance and Carley headed back home Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon, the rest of us hounds went for a walk in the woods while Dad and John went out on a fishing boat. There's a picture of Peaches panting. It was really hot and humid and we all panted a lot.
Friday Peaches' belly got all bloated up like she had swallowed a whole cantaloupe. She was crying a lot. She almost got taken to the doggie E.R. She started having gas - ooh smelly gas, though and felt some better. On Saturday she had bad poopies all day, just like Joe Stains after he ate the hot dog (Check out Joe Stains dog blog. He's way cool.) By Sunday, she was her usual self.
We slept hard on the way home on our pink blankie in the back seat of the truck. Patrick rode there with us too in his travel cage. Momma says it was too hot for him to travel in the camper like he usually does.
See ya'll another time.
We thought it would be fun to play the question game, too. Something to do till we can download our vacation/camping photos.
I, Eddie, will go first:
1. Your age? Just turned 4 years old
2. Your age when came to live with your people? 5 months old. Momma rescued me from a very bad place where I was sick and full of fleas and ticks.
3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now? Black, and I have my multi-colored checked bandana on.
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with? I love my Grandma and my Grandpa both favoritely.
5. How much do you weigh? 24 pounds
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? I didn't exactly chew it up, but I pulled the skirting off Mom's formal living room sofa because my ball went underneath and I couldn't get it. I think that's reason enough. Don't you!
7. Do you like other Dogs? Mostly
8. Who is your best non-human friend? I love Peaches. She's my baby sissie. I also love Bella's babies. They're great. I missed them so much while we were camping. I was excited to see them when we got back.
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? Most definately TENNIS BALLS! Woo Hoo!
10. Do you like to be brushed? Its okay. I put up with it.
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? Cheese.
12. Do your people cut your toenails? Yes.
13. Any formal education? Nope. I learned what I know from the school of hard knocks.
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? Couch potato.
15. Five nicknames your people call you. Eddie Spaghetti, Uncle Ed, Special Ed, Fluffy (after a bath, when my hair is long), that's all I can think of.
16. What is your best trick? Trick?
17. Do you like kitties? I love kitties. They're my favorite thing to chase!
18. What did you have for breakfast? kibbles with a spoonful of Lady's canned food on top and a splash of warm water. mmmmm
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? If so, what? I've never gotten hold of anything, but I sure do try! Me 'n Peaches treed a groundhog once, and lots of squirrels, and we've ran after some rabbits and cats. But, none successfully.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? Last month for a checkup and shots and stuff.
21. Where do you sleep at night? Oh, where ever I'm in the mood to sleep. Sometimes on the bed with Mom n Dad, sometimes on my pillow on the floor, sometimes on the couch.
22. Do you like to swim? Don't know. Never tried. Is it hard?
23. Can you make puppies? Nope
24. Do you give kisses? Sometimes, but not much.
25. Can you potty on command? No. But I never potty in the house. I will wait till someone lets me out... No matter how long.
26. To Cuz or not to Cuz? Huh?
1. Your age? 1 1/2 earth years.
2.Your age when came to live with your people? 8 weeks
3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now? Red/White & Blue
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with? I'm kind of slow to warm up to other people. Mostly I just like Momma and Daddy
5. How much do you weigh? A lady never tells her weight
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? Oh my Dog! You mean I have to remember which is the worst offense I've ever commited from thousands of them. Jeez! I might as well try to be a brain surgeon!
7. Do you like other Dogs? I'm kind of shy. I like other dogs if they're quiet. I don't like rowdy dogs. They scare me.
8. Who is your best non-human friend? Definately my big brother, Eddie.
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? Squeekies For sure!
10. Do you like to be brushed? Being a hound dog, its not an issue. Mom wipes my coat with a hound glove. It feels good and makes me oh so shiney.
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? Can I pick Peanut Butter ON Cheese?
12. Do your people cut your toenails? Yes, but I make 'em wrastle to get it done. Hah!
13. Any formal education? I took Dad to Puppy Class. He passed.
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? Yes. One or the other. I go really hard like the Energizer bunny then I crash hard.
15. Five nicknames your people call you. Princess Peaches, Princess Pee Pee (but I outgrew that one), Baby Girl, Beagley Girl, Chicken Dog
16. What is your best trick? I can balance really good for a long time on my hind legs to get a treat.
17. Do you like kitties? I love chasing kitties. That is what you meant, isn't it?
18. What did you have for breakfast? Kibbles... Really fast. I can empty my dish in 10 seconds.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? I have hunting in my blood. My grandpa, and lots of uncles and aunts, etc were champion hunters. I love to find game. So far, I've scared lots of stuff up trees, but I don't catch it. Beagles aren't supposed to.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? Went a couple of weeks ago for ANOTHER ear infection. I hate those things. And I hate the drops they give Momma for my ears.
21. Where do you sleep at night? Sometimes I sleep with Mom and Dad. But, if I'm extra tired, I'll go in my kennel. Sometimes I'll start in my kennel and sleepwalk to Mom and Dad's bed. Hee Hee.
22. Do you like to swim? Dunno. Never tried it.
23. Can you make puppies? No.
24. Do you give kisses? Oh yes. I love to give lots of kisses. Especially when Mom or Dad comes home. I make sure I let them know I'm happy to see them.
25. Can you potty on command? No.
26. To Cuz or not to Cuz? I love my bad orange Cuz! Huh?
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Bella was so funny today. Momma has a tarp over the puppy pen to be sure they have plenty of shade (as if 2 giant maple trees aren't enough). Anyway, she had it pulled back for a while, and Bella climbed in for a nap. Like it was a doggie hammock! Hah. Everyone got a kick out of it. Why didn't we think of that, Peaches? Bella is so smart!
The house painting is almost finished! Momma says we get to go camping. Yippee! Mom and Dad took Bella and her babies over to Auntie Jan's tonight. Auntie Jan is going to puppysit them. We already miss them. I, Eddie, am their guardian Uncle and I worry that they'll be okay. Momma says that Auntie Jan has raised puppies before and she will take good care of them.
Lady has been slow lately and the heat might bother her, so she is going to stay at Grandmas while we're gone. Momma and Dad are worried that the heat will be too much for her since she's so old. So, it'll just be me, Eddie, and Peaches, and our green, feathered brother Patrick the screamer.
We will blog when we get back. Luv you all. Have a great rest-of-the-week.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Mom finally got the puppy pictures off the camera. They were there after all. We took more pictures today, and the camera wouldn't download them to the computer. Started looking into it, and lo and behold, there was one rotten picture in the batch that was making the others get stuck and not download! The bad one was just after the one where Peaches was standing on her hind legs to get a treat. I think she broke the camera. Hah!
The babies are eating food out of their tray that Auntie Jan brought them last weekend. At first, Mom and Dad were feeding them off paper plates because they couldn't reach over the side of the dish. But now they can. They're really growing and getting stronger.... And louder I might add. Sometimes we hear them whimpering from inside the house. Wow.
Speaking of the house, we spent most of yesterday locked in it because Mom and Dad and Grandpa were painting the outside. Grandpa brought some kind of thing that sprayed the paint onto the house. They were afraid we'd walk in front of it and end up matching the house. Who, us???
Enjoy the puppy pictures. Have a fab week!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Mom and Dad painted on the house this evening. It was great! Mom had kibble in her hand, and was throwing us a piece every few minutes. Yum, yum. She got these great arial shots of us from way up on the ladder. HAH!
Look at the stripe of paint down Peaches back! She looks like skunk. Hah hah hah.
Mom took a zillion and a half pictures of the babies tonight, too cuz they're starting to wrastle with each other and climb over stuff. They're really cute. Mom sez her bad reeze died though, and the camera didn't save any of them. Mom was a little peeved at that. I just want to know if bad reeze are anything like a bad beagles?j
We will try puppy pictures again tomorrow. They're all sleeping now.
Play hard, then rest.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Peaches and Bella got caught red pawed. Mom and Dad were outside scraping down window frames (getting ready to paint the house) and Bella and Peaches went in through the doggie door. Daddy was scraping around the front window and saw Peaches in the living room with her nose down inside one of Lady's empty food cans. Uh oh.
Dad went in and gave them what for. He shamed them with "Baaaaaad Do-o-o-g"s till they hung their heads.
I think they'll be getting lumps of coal in their stockings this Christmas.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
I got my haircut finished today. I was a little put out afterwards. I felt nekid. Momma put a bright bandana on me and I got to go for a car ride. Then I felt much better. Here is a picture of me in my bandana with my new haircut.
A family came over today and played with the puppies. Then they picked one out that they said they were going to take it home with them! Oh no! Mom wouldn't let that happen would she? Happily, she told them that the babies need to stay with Bella at least another month. Sadly, that means that one of them will be going away from us one day.
The family seemed very happy. The little boy hugged the baby a lot and gave her kisses. They kissed Bella, too, and told her thank you for the sweet puppy. The family picked out a girl, puppy #3 and named her Casey. They were already talking about all the things they would need to do to get ready for her when she does come to their house. I think they will take good care of her but as her uncle, I do worry.
Mom and Dad talked this evening about still needing to find nice homes for the other two. Does that mean all the babies are going to be going away? I sure will miss them a lot.
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Hah! Mom took a picture of Lady and Bella peeking out from the privacy fence when she got home today. Aren't they funny!
Bella's foster-Mom came to see her and the babies this morning. When Bella's former family dumped her, it was at this ladies house. She fed her and took care of her, tried to find her family, but ended up letting her go because she could not keep her. That's where we came in. We adopted her from the shelter where foster-Mom had taken Bella.
Foster-Mom was glad to see the babies, and that Bella is doing well. She brought her a present - some packets of her favorite food, and a puppy-feeding tray that has a hump in the middle. She says it keeps all the food to the outside edge and helps to keep the puppies from ending up walking through their food. How nice of her to think of Bella and the babies so kindly.
Foster-Mom even brought her own kids, a trio of beautiful Golden Retrievers. I think Bella remembered them. She definately remembered Foster-Mom and gave her lots of kisses.
Foster-Mom agrees with my Mom and Dad that the babies might very possibly be half labrador. She says their heads look like golden retriever heads when they're puppies. Hmm. Does that make them "Labradeagles" or "Beagrador Retriever Hounds"?
The new clippers came today. Mom has already started clipping me. She did part of it tonight (knocking off the big stuff). She says we'll finish tomorrow and have a bath after. The new clippers sure do work a lot better. They buzzed right through my thick cottony white hair. Ahhhhh. I actually feel better getting that carpet of hair off my back.
Enjoy the pictures. See ya'll later.
Thursday, June 7, 2007
We had a big evening here. Mom came home with some fence wire and posts and made a temporary pen in the back yard for the babies. Its under 2 big shade trees so they can play in the shade. Mom and Dad moved the babies tub out in it for now to see how Bella would do with them out there. She was fine. She's so laid back. "Whatever," she says.
Check out the Bubble picture reel for new pics of the babies. The girls' eyes are starting to open. You can see shininess through the little slits that have opened. The little boy is still keeping his eyes shut tight.
Here's a picture of me checking out the babies new play pen. I have to make sure its okay for them, you know. As an uncle I have a big responsibility!
Now the good news/bad news part of my post. You probably all noticed that my hair is getting pretty long. Mom always gives me my haircuts. Good news, her clippers died. Bad news, she ordered new ones. They're supposed to be here by next Wednesday. So, I get to run around furry for a few more days! Yippee!
Be nice to yourselves and everyone you meet.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Me, (Eddie) Peaches, Lady and Bella all went for a running spree around the yard tonight.
Mom was outside doing some work on the house (they are getting ready to paint it) and she shut us all out in the back yard.
Something set Peaches off running, I joined in, then Lady did which was a big shock, because she's 16 years old and doesn't do ANYthing anymore. Next thing we know, Bella is running with us. It was great fun. We had 3 or 4 really fast laps around the yard. Then we got a slobbery drink and crashed on the deck with our tongues hanging out. Ahhhh. What an evening!