Please leave your pawprint so we'll know you were here!

It's a Beagle-rific Life

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wow, 4 months!


I guess I haven't blogged for 4 months! That's amazing. Well, its time to catch up.

As you read, my sissie Lady passed last October. We still miss her, but know she is happier on the other side of the rainbow.

I have been having back and hip problems. Momma had to rush me to K-State Vet Clinic in Manhattan, KS last week because I got down in the back. They said I had a bulging disk. This is the 2nd time. But this time, the dogter did a little more investigating because he said my hips seemed arthritic. They took x-rays of my hips and said I have severe hip dysplasia. Huh? I thought that's what German Shepherds got! My Momma said that, too.<>

The dogter said that German Shepherds are the poster children for Hip Dysplasia, but that any dog can have it. So, lucky me. No wonder my back hurts and my hips hurt! Such a bummer. The pain pills are good, though. Momma says, "Better living through science." Whatever.

So, I spend my days and nights in the crate on complete bed rest per dogters orders. Not like I want to do too much anyway, but it is kind of boring. Although, I do get fed breakfast in bed. I don't even have to go to the kitchen to eat! Hah!

Our Gramma moved in with us in Sept. Maybe I mentioned that way back. Its great. I get to hang out with her during the day and she feeds me treats and talks to me a lot. I love Gramma.

Hope all you pups are good. My Beagley Sissies are good. Just as craaaazy as ever.
Woofs!
Eddie

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Oh no, Eddie! Not hip dysplasia! Our paws are crossed that you can stay comfy and happy and pain-free forever!
That's awesome that you live with your gram! Grams are special people!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

We thought for awhile you were going to do a Shakespear, who went 16 Months between posts. It seems like a lot of our dog blogs friends we met when we got here slowed down dramatically.

We are sorry to hear about the hip dysplasia. We hope you continue feeling well and happy.

Dog Speed,

Essex & Deacon

Joe Stains said...

We are so sorry to hear about the hip problems :( BUT we are glad to see you are blogging. Don't stay away so long next time!

Anonymous said...

Don't know if it's an option for you, but swimming is a good exercise for dogs with hip dysplasia -- works your muscles without straining your joints, and can help keep you trim -- which, again, reduces stress on the joints. Good luck and wishes for a swift recovery...
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing the update with us after four months. We hope you were feeling much better with the hip problems that you had. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend.
World of Animals