Please leave your pawprint so we'll know you were here!

It's a Beagle-rific Life

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Eddie Meets a Puppy


I got to meet one of Bella's puppies! It was so exciting. Mom was holding one of them while sitting in Bella's pen with the door open. I slowly and quietly walked up. Bella didn't seem to care, so Mom let me approach. I got to sniff the baby! It was so exciting it made my tail wag. Bella kept a close watch while I sniffed, and I didn't stay long.

I got to sniff puppy #1, a girl. Mom and Dad have started calling her "Miss Piggy" because she eats so much and she's getting a big round belly. She's really cute, but they still don't really look like dogs, or even little dogs.

Tonight Mom had a panic that one of the babies was.... well, you know. Anyway, the puppy was laying on its back, belly up, all by itself on the edge of the pen. It was really cute, all belly-up and everything. When Mom figured out it was breathing, she started breathing again, too.

Bella is starting to venture out a little more from the pen. Mom leaves the gate open just wide enough for her to get in and out and she has started answering some of the 'alarms' with us that the neighbor dogs sound.

I don't have a new picture of the puppies. Momma says they still look the same and will take more pictures after their eyes open. So, I thought I'd post a picture of my Grandpa and me. Grandpa came to visit last weekend after the babies were born. I think he still likes me more, though.
Everyone have a fabulous day!
Eddie

6 comments:

Joe Stains said...

awe it must be so stressful raising all those babies!! mom would never sleep!

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

HI Eddie, Peaches, Bella and Puppies,
Thanks for stopping by our blog. Wow you do love beagles!! What a nice family you have. We will check again soon for the pictures of the new babies.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

Molly the Airedale said...

What a great picture of you and your grandpa Eddie! I can't wait to see pictures of the puppies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

PerfectTosca said...

Puppies are so cute aren't they? I love puppies. Looks like you got a really cool Grampa there!

the many Bs said...

Hey Eddie, you're really cute. Your kind of big too, like us. I bet we could all play together and have fun. That's so neat that you got to sniff the puppy. We're glad to hear that Bella is taking good care of them.

Peanut said...

Oh thank goodness that puppy was okay. Glad you got to meet one of the puppies and love on grandpa